Come for the job and stay for the career!
Join us as we redesign a whole new industry that can withstand shocks and other obstacles that may come along. During this uncertain time, we are committed to providing unwavering standards of safety, quality, and value.
Established in 1743. The Clinton House has been, and continues to be the premier dining destination for people living or traveling through Hunterdon County, NJ. The Clinton House boasts a gorgeous dining lounge; with a style that is a tribute to the past, with sleek banquettes, dark wood and a solid stone hearth. Drinks meanwhile continue to evoke the classic age: a vast selection of perfectly poured favorites. The Clinton House’s bar is one for purists with a sense of history, while also able to match the contemporary concoctions of the modern world.” Guests can enjoy a bottle of wine from our award-winning wine collection to perfectly compliment our signature steak and seafood dishes.
What We Offer:
- Bonuses and Overtime available
- Paid sick time
- Friendly work environment
- Team parties and events
- To work with a team who takes pride in their work and cares about each other.
- Do you thrive in a learning environment? We provide ongoing training to foster development.
- Growth Opportunity for those who excel and to be a part of a growing brand.
- Opportunity to work at two locations
We are looking for a candidate who has an outgoing personality, good communication skills, a desire to learn, knowledge of food and beverage service, holiday and weekend availability. The potential hire believes that hospitality is different from service. Service is merely taking the order and delivering the product. Hospitality determines whether the guest feels appreciated, well-served and cared for. The candidate must see themselves as brand ambassadors of all premium items on our menu, with a focus on the highest quality of food, drink and service.
- Serves patrons with food and beverages in a positive and friendly manner.
- Provides information to help food and beverage selections.
- Presents ordered choices in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Maintains dining ambiance with an enthusiastic attitude.
- Prepares room for dining by clothing tables and setting decorations, condiments, candles, napkins, service plates, and utensils.
- Protects establishment and patrons by adhering to sanitation, safety, and alcohol beverage control policies.
- Helps patrons select food and beverages by suggesting courses, explaining the features, identifying appropriate beverage pairings, and answering food preparation questions.
- Transmits orders to bar and kitchen by recording patrons’ choices and identifying patrons’ special dietary needs and special requests.
- Keeps kitchen staff informed by noting timing of meal progression.
- Serves orders by picking up and delivering patrons’ choices from bar and kitchen and delivering accompaniments and condiments from service bars.
- Responds to additional patron requirements by inquiring of needs and observing dining process.
- Maintains table setting by removing courses as completed, replenishing utensils, refilling water glasses, and being alert to patron spills or other special needs.
- Concludes dining experience by acknowledging choice of restaurant and inviting patrons to return.
- Obtains revenues by totaling charges, issuing bills, accepting payments, and returning change or credit card and signature slip to patrons.
Job Type: Full-time Part Time
Pay: $600-$800 weekly
Experience: Serving: 2 years (Preferred), Restaurant: 1 year (Required)